Are you looking for a way to get Assurance Wireless free phone? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
A few months back, my old phone suddenly stopped working, and I was in no financial condition to buy a new smartphone.
One of my close friends told me about Assurance Wireless offering free government phones and phone services.
So with this article, I will provide you with my experience of getting a free phone from Assurance Wireless, eligibility criteria, required documents, and how to apply.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free Phones?
Both programs offer discounted internet and phone services to eligible low-income people.
With Lifeline, qualified households can receive $9.25 monthly off on their internet bills, and this discount is up to $34.25 for Tribal land households.
The ACP offers a $30 monthly discount on the Internet and up to $75 discount to eligible low-income Tribal families.
Some providers, including Assurance Wireless, offer free smartphones to low-income households through these programs.
Assurance Wireless is the second largest free phone provider after SafeLink Wireless, and it offers its services in most states.
How to get Assurance Wireless Free Phone from Government
As Assurance Wireless participates in both Lifeline and ACP programs, you can get a free phone from the provider by qualifying for one of these programs, whichever is operational in your state.
Here is a summary of your steps to get an Assurance Wireless free government phone.
- Find out what assistance program offer Assurance Wireless free phone in your state.
- Check your eligibility for the Program. Usually, eligibility is based on a low income or participation in other government programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, etc.
- Check for the availability of the eligibility documents.
- Apply for the Program to qualify for a free phone.
How To Apply For Assurance Wireless Free Phone – Application Process
You can apply for an Assurance Wireless free government phone through Lifeline or ACP by three methods if eligible.
- Program’s official website.
- Assurance Wireless website
Please note that since the Assurance Wireless Lifeline Program is available in maximum states, we have detailed the application of the Lifeline program.
At the same time, we have also hinted at the ACP application, as the government administers both programs and has identical application processes.
Application via the Program’s official site
You can apply for an Assurance Wireless free phone online through Lifeline’s or ACP’s official site.
- For Lifeline, Visit https://www.lifelinesupport.org/, and for ACP visit https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/
- Click on the “Apply now” icon.
- You will be redirected to the national verifier.
- Now fill out an application form with details such as Name, address, SSN, Income, etc.
- Attach essential eligibility documents to prove your low income or program participation.
- Submit the application and wait for approval.
- Once approved, please contact Assurance Wireless and enroll in their services.
Application through Assurance Wireless
The Assurance Wireless website also has an application page for these programs (Lifeline and ACP), which in our opinion, is the most simple and reliable method.
- You can apply for Assurance Wireless Lifeline at https://www.assurancewireless.com/
- Fill up their application form and attach the required eligibility documents.
- Submit your application and wait for approval.
- You will be notified at your registered email if your application is approved.
- Then proceed as directed by the provider.
- Once everything is done, you will recieve your Assurance Wireless free phone via mail.
Likewise, if Assurance Wireless offers an ACP program in your state, you can apply for the free phone at “https://www.assurancewireless.com/acp/affordable-connectivity-program.”
Note: You may also ask Assurance Wireless whether it offers offline applications for these programs in your state or region.
If it does, you can apply for an Assurance Wireless free government phone by visiting their regional office in person.
Application via Mail
In addition, you can also apply for the Lifeline or ACP program via mail to get an Assurance Wireless free phone.
- You can get the Lifeline application form at “lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf.”
- For ACP application form is available at “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.” Please add the Household Worksheet with your application form available at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf
- Download and take a print of the form.
- Fill out the form and attach copies of your eligibility documents.
- Lastly, send the application form to the program’s support center.
- For Lifeline, send the application form to USAC Lifeline Support Center, P.O. Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
- For the ACP program, send your application package to ACP Support Center, PO BOX 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Eligibility For Assurance Wireless Free Phones
The eligibility to apply for the Lifeline or ACP Program to get Assurance Wireless free phone includes the following.
- You must be 18 or above in age.
- You must be a citizen of the United States and a legal resident of the state where Assurance Wireless offers these programs.
If you meet the above prerequisites, you must qualify by meeting one of the two program-specific eligibility requirements to get an Assurance Wireless free government phone.
Qualify by Income
The annual household income threshold to qualify for the Lifeline program is below 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
For ACP, your annual income must be below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
Qualify by Program Participation
You can qualify for the Lifeline or ACP Program to get Assurance Wireless free phone if you or any family member already benefit from one of the following government support programs.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Federal Publish Housing Assistance or Section 8
- National School Lunch Program
- Women, Infants, and Children Program
- Tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
Documents Required For Assurance Wireless Free Government Phone
You must provide certain documents to prove your eligibility for Assurance Wireless free phone.
These documents are based on your eligibility criteria through which you apply for an Assurance Wireless free phone.
Here is the list of official documents that you can check for.
|Income Documents||To verify your income, you can have one of the following documents.|
Current income statement
Child support award
Prior year’s Federal, Tribal, or State tax return
Veterans Administration statement of benefits
Social Security Statement of Benefits
from your employer
Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation Statement of Benefits
|Program Participation Documents||These documents are considered valid to prove your government program participation.|
Benefit award letter
Benefit verification letter
Statement of benefits
|General Documents||Besides these eligibility documents, you may be asked for some documents to verify your address, age, identity, etc. So, please check for these documents’ availability.|
U.S driver’s license
Certificate of U.S. citizenship
Green card or Permanent resident card
Recent tax return or W-2 document
Certificate of emancipation (for emancipated minors)
Benefits After Getting Assurance Wireless Free Phones
You will recieve the following benefits with Assurance Wireless free phone.
- With their Lifeline Only plan, you will recieve Unlimited texts, Voice minutes (limits vary by state), and 4.5GB mobile data.
- Assurance Wireless offers unlimited voice minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data, and a 10GB mobile hotspot through their Lifeline +ACP combined plan.
- You can access online education.
- You can search for better work opportunities online.
- The phone is crucial in keeping you aware of current global affairs.
- You can stay connected with your close ones, family, or friends.
- You can access emergency health services or can explore multiple e-commerce sites to shop online.
- The free phone will provide many entertainment options like playing online games, watching videos, movies, etc.
How Do You Upgrade Assurance Wireless Government Phone?
Assurance Wireless does not provide a free phone upgrade. However, you can upgrade your Assurance Wireless free government phone by paying the upgrade fee based on your selected phone.
Here are the steps you need to complete to upgrade the Assurance Wireless free phone.
- Visit Assurance Wireless’s website.
- Open “My Account” and then click on “Log in.”
- Login to your Assurance account.
- Review the phone options available for the Assurance Wireless phone upgrade.
- Choose the new phone you want to upgrade to.
- Once you have selected the new phone, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then review and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Pay the upgrade fee.
- Finally, confirm the order.
Here are some points to consider while upgrading your Assurance Wireless free phone.
- You can only upgrade your phone once every 12 months.
- You have to pay an upgrade fee which depends on your selected phone.
- The phone you choose must be compatible with Assurance Wireless’s network.
- You must keep your current phone number to transfer it to your new phone.
- You can contact the company if you need help to upgrade your Assurance Wireless phone at 1-888-321-5880.
Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement Policy
Assurance Wireless allows you to replace your phone if it gets stolen, lost, or damaged.
However, the replacement phone might not be free of charge. So, depending on your condition, reading Assurance Wireless replacement policy would be best.
If your phone is stolen
Assurance Wireless may replace your phone at no cost if your phone was stolen and you file a police report.
It is important to note that you cannot lie about your stolen phone to get a free replacement since the company must be assured that your claim is legitimate by a proper report filing.
The company checks for a police report and considers it proof of your stolen phone to move forward with a free replacement because the individual who files the complaint of the stolen phone is made aware of the consequences for filing false complaints.
So it is unlikely that anyone would lodge a false complaint about their phone being stolen.
If your phone is lost
Assurance Wireless does not provide free replacement if your phone gets lost somehow because the company believes you lost your phone due to negligence.
If your phone is damaged
Assurance Wireless offers replacement if your phone experiences any malfunction within the original manufacturer’s warranty period.
However, the company can cancel your warranty and deny your free phone replacement if they find evidence of physical damage.
In that case, you can pay and get the replacement phone from the carrier.
Some important points to consider to get a phone replacement from Assurance Wireless include the following:
- You must be an active Assurance Wireless customer with a good-standing account.
- You must have had your current phone for a minimum of 12 months.
- You must inform Assurance Wireless about your phone loss, theft, or damage within 60 days of the incident.
Here are highlights of the cases when Assurance Wireless will not give you a replacement phone.
- If you lost or damaged your phone due to your own negligence.
- You have already received a replacement phone within the past 12 months.
- If you have not filed a police complaint about your phone theft.
- If your device is lost or damaged while not in your possession.
You can contact the company at 1-888-321-5880 to get more information on phone replacement.
How To Activate Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone
Once you have received your Assurance Wireless replacement phone, you must activate it to make calls, send messages, and use Internet services.
- To activate your replacement phone go to “https://www.assurancewireless.com/”
- Login into your account
- Check if there are any Activate Now/ Activate Phone buttons.
- If you find such a button, click on it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you don’t, go to Swap/Update phone and follow the onscreen instructions to activate your replacement device.
- If you are unable to activate your device, please contact customer service at 1-888-321-5880
Note: Please remember to activate your replacement within 45 days from the day you reported your previous phone missing.
Can I get Assurance Wireless free phone?
Yes. Assurance Wireless offers free phones through the Lifeline and ACP program.
Can I get a free phone replacement from Assurance Wireless?
Assurance Wireless offers free phone replacement only in certain conditions. So, it would be best if you enquire with the company by informing them about your condition.
Does Assurance Wireless offer ACP benefits?
Yes. Assurance Wireless participates in ACP and offers discounts on monthly Internet bills.
Does Assurance Wireless offer free tablets?
No. Although Assurance Wireless participates in the ACP, it does not offer free or discounted tablets through the Program. The provider only offers free smartphones and phone services as their Lifeline and ACP benefits.