Are you looking for a way to get a free government iPhone 7? If yes, then you have stumbled across the right article.
A few days back, I discussed with some friends how much I needed a new smartphone, but I didn’t have enough money to buy one.
Then one of my friends told me about the government’s assistance program offering free smartphones, such as iPhone 7, and free internet services.
With this article, I will provide you with all the information about these programs, what are the eligibility criteria, and how you can apply for them
So without further ado, let’s get started.
Does Government Offer a Free iPhone 7?
Yes. The federal government administers many assistance programs such as Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program.
Many service providers participate in these two programs and offer discounted or free Internet services to eligible low-income households. They also offer free smartphones, such as iPhone 7, to some eligible people so they can enjoy their free internet services.
The iPhone 7 may be a slightly older model compared to other iPhones. But still, it comes at a price that is difficult to afford by most low-income people. Hence, the government helps these people access digital facilities.
However, if you are looking for the latest model Like iPhone 14, read our guides on “Apply for free government iPhone 14“
How To Get A Free Government iPhone 7 And 7 Pro?
Individuals can get a free government iPhone 7 and 7 Pro by qualifying for the Lifeline and ACP programs.
These programs offer monthly discounts on your phone and Internet bills.
With Lifeline, eligible families receive a monthly Internet discount of $9.25, even more at Tribal lands, up to $30.
At the same time, the ACP gives qualified households a monthly discount worth $30 and up to $75 for Tribal land families.
Some Lifeline and ACP service providers may offer free smartphones, including iPhone 7 and 7 Pro, to eligible low-income individuals upon qualifying certain eligibility criteria.
You can follow the steps below to get free government iPhone 7 and 7 Pro from these government providers.
- Find out whether the government offers Lifeline or ACP programs in your state.
- Check your eligibility to apply for the respective program ( Lifeline or ACP).
- Find the service provider offering free iPhone 7 or 7 Pro through these programs. You can visit “https://cnm.universalservice.org/” to find a participating provider.
- Check whether you possess the required documents to prove your eligibility.
- Fill up the application form for the available program.
Top 3 Programs Offering Free Government iPhone 7
The American federal government has endeavored to reduce the digital gap among the low-income section of the country by providing free or low-cost phone and Internet services through various programs. These programs are available at national, state, or local levels.
Here are the top 3 programs offering free government iPhone 7
Lifeline Assistance Program
The FCC (Federal Communication Commission) established the Lifeline assistance program in 1985 to provide people struggling to pay their phone bills access to cheap telecommunication services.
The Universal Service Fund funds the program, ensuring everyone has easy access to basic Internet services to grow technically.
Some providers offer free or discounted smartphones under this program, including the iPhone 7 or 7 pro, iPhone SE, etc.
Affordable Connectivity Program
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) came into existence in 2021 to replace Emergency Broadband Benefit Program EBB and extend more benefits to qualifying people on a larger scale.
ACP program offers a $30 monthly discount on Internet services to households who meet their eligibility criteria and up to a $75 discount to qualifying low-income households in Tribal areas.
Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of $100 to purchase devices such as tablets, laptops, desktop computers, etc.
Additionally, some providers offer free government iPhone 7 under the ACP with several benefits.
Connect America Fund
The Connect America Fund (CAF) is another government initiative to renovate the country’s telecommunication facilities.
This program provides subsidies to mobile companies offering broadband services in rural areas.
CAF focuses on extending reliable internet services to rural and underprivileged communities.
The subsidies these phone companies receive are based on the number of customers they serve in rural areas and their service costs.
Some service providers offer free smartphones like iPhone 7 through CAF in rural areas.
How To Apply for Free Government iPhone 7 in 2023?
The final and most important step in getting the free government iPhone 7 is the application process because if your application goes wrong for any reason, the chances are that you may fail to qualify for the assistance programs and cannot get their benefits.
The Lifeline or ACP program application method for free iPhone 7 is simple and can be done in 3 ways.
Apply for free government iPhone 7 online
Please follow the instructions here to apply online.
For applying to the Lifeline, visit https://www.lifelinesupport.org/ and for ACP, visit https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/
Click on the “Apply now” icon and Select State
Fill up the application form.
Attach the necessary eligibility documents.
Wait for confirmation.
If the National verifier approves your application, the next step is to choose any service provider in your area offering a free iPhone 7.
Note: Given Steps are for Lifeline Program, For ACP You can Follow the same by visiting the Above mention website.
Apply for a free government iPhone 7 through Mail
You can also apply for the Lifeline and ACP via mail for free iPhone 7.
For this, you must download and print the application form of the program you are eligible for, fill out the form, attach the eligibility documents and send the application to their respective support center.
- For Lifeline, visit and take a printout of the form available at “https://www.usac.org/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/documents/forms/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf”
- For ACP, take a printout of the ACP form and household worksheet available at “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.” and affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf
- Fill out the application form for your desired program (lifeline or ACP).
- Attach the necessary eligibility documents and send them to the program’s address.
- For Lifeline, send the application form to “USAC Lifeline Support Center P.O. Box 9100 Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.”
- For ACP, send the application form to “ACP Support Center, PO BOX 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.”
Applying Through a Carrier
In addition to the above methods, you can apply for the Lifeline or ACP programs directly through your preferred service provider offering iPhone 7.
- First, make sure that you are eligible for Lifeline or ACP program. Generally, eligibility is based on Low income or other program participation.
- Search for a suitable service provider in your state offering a free iPhone 7 under the Lifeline or ACP.
- Once you find them, please contact them to inquire about their application procedure.
- If they offer an online application, you may apply through their website.
- Additionally, if your service provider offers an offline application, you may visit their regional office and apply in person.
- It would be best to proceed according to your service provider’s direction.
If You love to have a new generation 5G phone you can get one, Read how you can Get Free 5G Phones from the government.
Eligibility to Free Government iPhone 7 and 7 Pro
You can only get a free government iPhone 7 and 7 Pro from the service provider if you meet certain eligibility requirements set by the provider and the government.
These requirements include the following.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must be a United States citizen and a legal resident of the state or territory where you apply for a free government iPhone 7 through the Lifeline or ACP.
You must check for certain program-specific eligibility if you meet the above requirements.
To qualify on an income basis for Lifeline, your annual income must be below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines, and for ACP, it must be below 200%.
If you cannot qualify for these programs on your income eligibility, you can still qualify for Lifeline or ACP if you or any household member is a beneficiary of any other government support program. You can check your participation in the following programs.
- FoodStamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans’ Pension and Survivors’ Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, Children (WIC)
- Tribal Head Start (only those homes meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Note: You may also qualify for the ACP program if you are a Lifeline Program beneficiary or received Federal Pell Grant in the existing award year.
You Know You can get a Free Cell Phone No Deposit No Activation Fee, Check out the Complete Guide.
Documents To Apply Free iPhone 7 And 7 Pro
When you consider yourselves eligible for the free government iPhone 7 through Lifeline or ACP program, you must be able to prove your qualification by submitting valid official documents. You need some documentation based on your eligibility to apply for the program.
Proof of Income
You can have the following documents as proof of your income when you apply on a low-income basis.
- Current income statement
- Child support award
- Paycheck stub
- Divorce decree
- Last year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- A retirement or pension statement of benefits
- Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
Proof of Program Participation
You may provide the following documents while applying for a free government iPhone 7 as any government program beneficiary.
- Government approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit award letter
- Your benefit verification letter
Apart from eligibility documents, you must also provide certain valid documents that prove your identity, such as
- U.S. driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization
- Lease or mortgage statement
- Government-issued ID cards
- Permanent resident card
- Tribal ID card
- W-2 return
- Utility bill
- Certificate of Emancipation (for emancipated minors)
How Long Will It Take to Get a Free Government iPhone 7?
Once you have applied and qualified, it may take 5-10 business days to receive your
free iPhone 7.
The free iPhone processing time may depend on several factors, including your service providers, address or state, etc.
However, you can contact your service provider to inquire about it if it takes longer than expected.
Check Out Complete Guide to getting iPhone 13 from Government, and do not forget to Share Feedback.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a free government iPhone 7?
If eligible, You can get a free government iPhone 7 from a service provider participating in the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
What providers offer free iPhone 7 from the government?
Many service providers, such as Assurance Wireless, ReachOut Wireless, Safelink Wireless, and TraceFone Wireless, participate in Lifeline or ACP program and offer their services with iPhone 7 or other smartphones.
Can I get the latest iPhone model for free through the ACP program?
The exact model of the iPhone depends on the service provider, so it’s always better to contact your service provider and enquire about the available devices.
Can I apply to the Lifeline program for a free iPhone as a FoodStamps beneficiary?
If you are a Food Stamps beneficiary, you are eligible for the Lifeline program.