Are you looking for a way to get a free government iPhone 11? If yes, you have stumbled upon the right article.
I was in need of a new phone but couldn’t afford one. Then I heard about the government assistance program offering eligible customers free internet services and smartphones.
With this article, I will provide you with all the information about these government programs and how you can apply for them.
So without further delay, let’s begin.
Does The Government Offer Free iPhone 11?
Government offers benefits of these programs through many service providers participating in Lifeline and ACP programs. With these providers, you can receive benefits such as Unlimited talk, text, data, and a free smartphone.
How To Get Free Government iPhone 11 In 2023?
You can get a free government iPhone 11 through many service providers that participate in government assistance Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program
Lifeline is an old program that offers a $9.25 discount on your monthly internet plan once you qualify and as long as you are eligible for the program. This discount can be up to $34.25 for Tribal land dwellers.
ACP is a new program with a similar approach to providing affordable internet connectivity. The program offers a $30 monthly discount towards the internet service for eligible households. This discount is up to $75 monthly for Tribal land households.
The ACP program also offers a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase devices like laptops, desktop computers, or tablets from ACP providers with a contribution of $10-$50 toward the purchase price of devices.
Application Process for Free iPhone 11 Government Phone
The free government iPhone 11 application process requires you to complete these simple steps.
- Find out which assistance program among the Lifeline and ACP is operational in your state.
- Find out whether any service provider offers free iPhone 11 under these programs in your state.
- Check your eligibility to apply for the Lifeline or ACP.
- Collect the essential eligibility documents.
- Apply for the program by filling out the application form.
Let’s discuss the eligibility criteria and documents required in the next sections.
Eligibility For Free iPhone 11 Government Phone
To get a free government iPhone 11, you must ensure you qualify for its eligibility criteria.
The primary requirements to participate in Lifeline and ACP federal government programs include the following.
- The applicants must be at least 18 or above.
- The applicants must hold citizenship of the state.
- The applicants must be in a position to prove their eligibility with valid documents.
Once you are eligible for the above conditions, you may check the additional criteria to qualify for the program.
If you are applying for Lifeline on an income basis, your annual income should be below 135% of the poverty guideline, and for ACP, it should be below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
If you do not qualify by income criteria, you can still be eligible if you participate in government assistance programs listed below.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
For Tribal inhabitants, you may check your participation in the following programs.
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF )
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start
Documents for Free Government iPhone 11
You will have to provide proof of your eligibility through official valid documents in your application for the Lifeline and ACP to get a free government iPhone 11.
Here we have provided the list of documents that you need to submit.
If you qualify through your income, you must prove your threshold income by submitting a document showing your yearly income, full name, etc.
The official income-related documents that are accepted include the following.
- Current income statement from your employer
- Divorce decree
- Paycheck stub
- Child support award
- Tribal or Federal notice of participation in General Assistance
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
Program participation proof
Suppose you qualify for the Lifeline or ACP as a beneficiary of any assistance program. In that case, you must have a document verifying your details as a participant, like your full name, program name, certificate issuing authority name, date of issuance, etc.
You may submit any of these accepted documents as proof of your participation.
- Government Approval letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
Identification of Personal Documents
Apart from the eligibility documents, you may need to submit documents substantiating your name, address, and identity.
Some of the documents you can submit include the following.
- Birth certificate
- U.S driver’s license
- Government-issued, Tribal, state, or military ID
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Most recent tax or W-2 return
- Green card or permanent resident card
- Utility bill
- Lease or mortgage statement
Ways to Apply for a Free Government iPhone 11
You can apply for Free Government iPhone 11 in two ways.
- Through Lifeline or ACP’s official website.
- Through service provider.
Through Lifeline or ACP’s official website
You can follow the steps below to apply for Lifeline or ACP from their official website.
- Ensure you are eligible for Lifeline or ACP program.
- If eligbile, visit “https://www.lifelinesupport.org/” for Lifeline and For ACP “https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/”
- Click on “Apply now.”
- Fill out the application form. You must fill in your personal details such as Name, Address, SSN, etc.
- Attach eligibility documents
- Wait for approval
- Once approved, contact the service provider that is offering a free iPhone 11
Through service provider
You can directly apply via the service provider for a free iPhone 11 in your state.
Please follow the below steps to do so.
- Find the service provider in your state offering a free iPhone 11 through Lifeline or ACP program.
- Contact them to learn about their application procedure.
- If they offer an online application, go to their website and complete the application process.
- You may also apply in person by visiting the provider’s office. Please proceed with your application as the provider guides you.
Top 4 Free Government iPhone 11 & 11 Pro Programs
The free government iPhone 11 & 11 Pro is available through government programs mentioned below.
Lifeline Assistance Program
The Federal Communications Commission ( FCC) established the Lifeline program in 1985 to provide reasonable access to phone service to low-income people.
The program is planned for households needing help to buy a cell phone or pay for their internet plan.
The Lifeline qualifying households can get a wireless discount of $9.25 monthly, expanding to up to $30 for qualifying Tribal household
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The FCC’s recent Affordable Connectivity Program initiative replaced the older Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program.
The program offers similar services as the EBB did, in addition to many benefits. ACP assists eligible low-income households with paying for their internet and phone bills.
It offers a monthly discount of $30 on broadband internet services which is expandable to up to $75 for qualified Tribal families.
Also, it offers a one-time discount of up to $100 to pay for internet-using devices like laptops, tablets, etc.
National Lifeline Association
The National Lifeline Association is a charitable organization that helps low-income families pay their phone bills by providing monetary help.
Connect America Fund
Connect America Fund is a government program that subsidizes telephone companies in rural areas. The program intends to make the phone service cost affordable for low-income families.
Can I get a free government iPhone 11?
Yes. The free government iPhone 11 is available through the Lifeline and ACP programs. Please check your eligibility and apply for the same.
What Provider Offers Free Government iPhone?
Many providers, such as Cintex Wireless, AirTalk Wireless, NewPhone Wireless, and SFone Wireless, offer free government iPhones nationwide through the government assistance program
Can I get a free government iPhone 11 if I receive Medicaid?
Yes. Since you are already a government program beneficiary, you can directly apply for the Lifeline or ACP to get a free iPhone from the government.