Do you want to add Google Drive to Finder? If yes, you have stumbled upon the right webpage. In this article, I am going to share a few guides that you can follow to add Google Drive to Finder very easily.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
How to add Google Drive to Finder
Apple offers free access to iCloud to all of its users to store and backup their essential files online. However, the biggest drawback of iCloud is that it only gives you 5 GB of cloud storage which is quite less. Plus, the premium plans of iCloud are quite costly compared to Google Drive Alternatives.
Therefore, many people prefer to shift to Google Drive to back up their files and more. But to do that, you have to install Google Drive on your Mac externally. After that, you have to configure it so that Google Drive will appear as a folder in the Finder app.
Here is how you can do that –
- First of all, you have to download the Google Drive app on your Mac. You can do that by visiting the Google Drive download page to download the Google Drive app on your computer.
- Once the file is downloaded, open it using the DMG installer. You have to drag the icon to the Application folder to begin the installation process.
- Once it is installed, open the Google Drive Backup & Sync application.
- It will ask for a few permissions. You have to grant it all of the permissions it asks for to avoid any sort of complications in the future.
- After that, it will ask you to log in. Simply use your Google account credentials to sign in to the app.
- Afterward, it will ask you to select the folders you want to back up automatically to your Google Drive. You will also get the option to select the photo and video quality and network settings. Modify these settings the way you want.
Once you complete all that, the Google Drive folder will appear inside the Finder app on your Mac. Isn’t it easy?
Also Read –
- How to select multiple files on Google Drive
- How to recover permanently deleted photos from Google Drive
How do I integrate Google Drive with Finder?
You don’t have to integrate Google Drive with Finder on your Mac manually. All you have to do is download and install Google Drive on your Mac and follow the aforementioned guide to add Google Drive to Finder.
Why can’t I see my Google Drive in Finder?
Most probably, you will see Google Drive in Finder just after configuring it properly by following the aforementioned method. However, even if after that you cannot see Google Drive in Finder, you have to open the application folder and click on Google Drive.
After that, from the top menu of the Finder, click on the File option followed by the Add to sidebar option. This will allow Google Drive to appear in the sidebar of Finder.
There you have the detailed guide on how to add Google Drive to Finder.
Adding Google Drive to Finder is a very simple and easy process. All you have to do is follow these simple steps, and the Google Drive will be added to the Finder. Adding Google Drive to Finder makes it extremely easy to access all your Google Drive files directly on your Mac device.
Besides that, you will also be able to modify and upload files directly from your Mac. However, you have to understand that it may take a while to show all your Google Drive files on your Mac. This is because the syncing process will completely depend on your network speed; if your network speed is slow, it can even take hours.
With that said, here we are wrapping up this article. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.